Our guest bedroom is done! Well, you know, as done as anything ever is at the Barnes house. Here are the rooms the Internet delivered at my doorstep to get me thinking yellow, sunshine, patchwork quilts, vintage, bright ...
|Sources, clockwise: 1, 2, 3, 4|
Before: Smurf blue walls, towering pile of toys that never got played with, bedding I'd had since sophomore year of college.
What we did:
- Painted the walls with Behr's paint and primer in one, a color called "Pismo Dunes."
- Removed the shelves we weren't using.
- Framed a bunch of pretty pictures from Key West, plus a couple of Tessa and made a little photo gallery. (All frames are from IKEA.)
- Bought new bedding from House 8810. Pretty sure this was my bargain of the decade: The pretty graphic sheets were only $15 (no longer on the site) and the yellow quilt was $25 (here). I ordered one of these quilts for our bed upstairs, too. The deal was just too great, and the quality is super nice.
- Moved all the toys upstairs to Tessa's room.
Still wanted: Adorable lamp and rug, a beat-up door to lean against the wall opposite the bed and time to finish my Giant Vintage Star Quilt.